Monday, June 7, 2010

d'Arenberg The Hermit Crab 2008

I can't say anything bad about this wine, but I don't have a lot of good to say about it either.  Reasonable nose, on the green apple side of things, well balanced, good body, but there isn't anything that stands out for me either.  Kelly and I had it on one of those hot weekend afternoons a couple of weeks ago, side by side with another white (an Aus Verdelho, not an ANBL product), and it didn't stand up very well.  We didn't finish it that day and I put it in the fridge.  Pulled it out a couple of times since then, but it just never particularly appealed to me.  A perfectly decent white wine, but I won't buy it again at this price.

$19.79
Value 2.5/5
Viognier, Marsanne

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see this blog back up and running!

    Craig Young

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see things back up an running for summer!

    I have almost got this one a few times - you hear widely ranging opinions about it. I'd be curious to about what other people think of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to hear some other opinions as well. I think that mood / style could be a big factor in how I felt about it, so I wouldn't be surprised if others felt differently.

    ReplyDelete