Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ribeauville Gewurztraminer Prestige 2006

I liked all the Ribeauville wines when I tried them at the Wine Expo. This is my first chance since then to try the Prestige series Gewurz, and it didn't disappoint. It has a powerful characteristic Gewurz nose on a full bodied moderately sweet frame. Perhaps not quite as much acidity as I would have liked to balance the sweetness - but that's a quibble. Delicious - but not much left.

Price: $23.99
Value: 4/5
Score: 89
Region: France, Alsace
Tasted: Dec 2008
UPC: 3156090316150

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed this wine at the show an a couple more afterwards. The off-dry texture and the tropical fruit notes are fantastic, especially when the mineral finish hits. A real polished wine with a high degree of complexity.
    BTW this blog is surprising becoming white wine focused- not a bad thing as I am frequently lost trying to pick out a white wine at ANBL.

    ReplyDelete