Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cavit Pinot Grigio 2009

Norman asked me to pick up a white for cooking, so I grabbed this one. Ridiculously hungry and waiting for supper to happen, I started drinking it. I enjoyed it. (“Hunger is the best sauce,” says Norman’s mother.) The nose is aromatic and mostly citrus, honeydew melon, a bit of mineral, and a maybe a hint of cloves. The same flavours follow through on the palate, plus something like plasticine. It is medium bodied, dry, and slightly viscous, with good acidity. I find that it ends on a sour note, but I often find that with white wine. At $13.29, it’s good value.

Price: $13.29
Score: 86
Value: 4/5
Region: Venetio, Italy
Grapes: Pinot Grigio
UPC: 8007890229247

2 comments:

  1. I wonder how different the 2009 is from the 2008? Because I tried the 2008 and didn't really like it much. Of course, I tend to prefer reds anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question. I quite enjoyed some sort of Cavit white last summer. It may have been the 2008, but it may also have been a Riesling. Also, I was on a sunny beachside deck, so my enjoyment may have been mostly situational.

    Cool blog. Thanks for linking to it.

    ReplyDelete