Thursday, April 16, 2009

7 and 3/4 Month Anniversary

This blog has been going for about 7 and 3/4 months now, so the time seemed right for a brief look back. For me, the best thing about this blog is that when I look down the posts on this page I see reviews from Iron Chef, Vasco da Gama, Vesper, Peanutman and Tancred, as well as from me and Kelly, and Michelle is high up on the next page. Even better, the comments have been active, sometimes agreeing with the original post and sometimes not. This is what I had hoped for when I started the blog. It’s supposed to be a forum for people who like wine to exchange opinions - partly to help each other find the deals and avoid the duds at ANBL, and partly just for the fun of discussing the wine.

So give it a try - if you drink a wine that hasn’t been reviewed, write up a review and post it on the Make a Suggestion thread, or send it to me at nbwines / at / gmail /dot / com. If you drink a wine that has been reviewed, post a comment on the thread for that wine and let us know what you thought. Reviews don’t have to be long or elaborate - you don’t have to score it if you don’t feel like it. And the wine doesn’t have to be expensive - there’s nothing better than finding a really good wine for$14. Don’t be shy - no one knows who you are.

5 comments:

  1. Personally, I'm most impressed by the quality of comments and reviews. I learn all kinds of interesting things here.

    P.S. Norman, today is our 4.98 years wedding anniversary. I hope for your sake that you got me a present to mark the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. or at least open a good bottle of wine... hehe
    I think this blog is fabulous. Its not only fun reviewing but just getting opinions from everyone else. Keep up the great work guys. I am working on a review for a Lebanese wine. As soon as my cold goes away, I'll review it properly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4.98 - Norman, if Kelly remembers the .98 you better have something special for her. A little hint; 5 years is signified by wood. A very very very oaky wine and maybe a wooden wheel for her bike, ha ha ha. Congrats, now you have 5.03 to look forward to. Sorry, but I couldn't resist.

    Love the site. Love the fact that not everyone agrees. I need to convince NBLC to get some vouvray on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great suggestions for 'anniversary' gifts. The truth is Kelly can't remember the exact date of our anniversary anyway. I bet she had to look it up.

    We spent a week on vacation in North Carolina a couple of weeks ago and had a Vouvray there. Reasonably priced and very good. I really like the style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes- I echo the comments- a very good Blog. I find this to be very helpful site and a great way to unwind. Also, I had a Vouvray in Orlando from the Winn Dixie- nice wine for $5.90

    ReplyDelete