Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Graham Beck Shiraz 2004

Come on now, we can't let Iron Chef do all the work. After all, drinking wine isn't that much of a burden. If you have tried a wine and have something to say about it, just send me a review at nbwines / at / gmail / dot / com, or want to stay anonymous (which is fine) post a review on the Make a Suggestion thread.

--- Iron Chef's Review ---

Nose: Gravelly Cassis, Horse Sweat, some sweetish plums. Barn like wood would be how I describe the wood- like most South African wines (Dank).
Taste: Peppery Spice, some musty book tastes and Cherry Twizzler mixed in. Tannins were present that left some grippy sensations. And that 'sweat'.
Overall: I liked it, it may have been academic in a sense that the nose had more going on than taste, but it was good. I am a sucker for a good nose. Its not cheap though, I can think of better values- in SAQ only $19.45.

Retail Price: $22.99

Score: 87
Value: 2/5
Region: Coastal South Africa
Alcohol 14.5%
UPC #699446000127

3 comments:

  1. Its from working at the FREX as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, Well we live near enough to the FrEx that I can advise decanting this wine to either GN'R's Sweet Child of Mine or Lynyrd Skynard's Sweet Home Alabama. But I'm not sure whether to pair it with corn dogs or funnel cakes.

    ReplyDelete