Monday, May 11, 2009

Jacobs Creek Shiraz 2006

It looks like Peanutman's review got the ball rolling again. Here's one from Iron Chef:

--- Iron Chef's Review ---

I have had good memories of this wine from years ago, but have almost completely stopped drinking Australian wine all together. I thought this might be a good place to start again.
Nose- smells hot, extracted cherries in heavy sauce. Some dried spice like cloves. Nice white pepper also. Straightforward nose, not real complex.
Taste- Strewed Black Currant Jam, Peppery spray and black coffee. Strange mouth feel- itchy- like when I eat the skins of plums or peaches. I might have sensitivity to pectin.
Overall- straightforward wine- good, but not memorable. I am glad I took notes or I might have forgotten it. The pepper was the best attribute and that is only a good comment when you are talking about Dr Pepper or a Pepper Steak.

Retail Price: $14.29
Score: 84
Value: 3/5
Region: South Eastern Australia
Alcohol 14%
UPC # 9300727488114

No comments:

Post a Comment