Saturday, May 23, 2009

KWV Chenin Blanc 2008

With the hot whether we've been having for the past couple of days, everyone will be looking for value priced whites. Here's a review of one from Iron Chef:

--- Iron Chef's Review ---

I was reading The Wine Bible by Karen MacNeil section on the Loire Valley and I just needed to try a Chenin Blanc, of course there are no French versions of the grape in the Province so I had to try the next best thing.

Nose: Kiwi, Tropical fruit, wet stone, grass and floral aromas.
Taste: Lots of Kiwi, Lime peels, Fresh cut grass. Had a nice creamy texture. One might be tempted to call it sweet, but I think it was more a function of lower acidity.

Overall, I enjoyed this wine, I usually don't enjoy lower Acid wines, but the fresh kiwi taste was surprising and tasty.

Price: $12.29
Score: 87
Value: 3.5/5
Region: Western Cape, South Africa
Alcool 12.5%
UPC #748294420219

No comments:

Post a Comment