Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Casa de Campo Reserve Shiraz 2006

I'm not drinking much red wine these days - I fact, I'm not drinking that much wine at all, and when I do it's usually white. So good thing Iron Chef is still at it.

--- Iron Chef's Review ---

Nose: Smelled like a Syrah- Cola scented and some wild meat favours. Green Peppers and Toasty Oak.
Palate: Herbal notes, some gamey elements. Well rounded toasted oak. Some sweet candied favours.
Overall: a normal new world wine except for the roasted wood favours that I liked. Worth a try. Not decanted.

Price: $14.29
Score 86
Value 3/5
Region: Argentina, Mendoza
Alcohol 14%
UPC #7790762050186

1 comment:

  1. I liked this wine too. A nice inexpensive Shiraz offering from Argentina. I would probably have given it similar scores 87 and 3.5/5 for value. I liked the value to quality ratio and have bought 4 or 5 over the past couple months. Not exciting and no Wow factor, but easy drinking

    ReplyDelete