Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cote d'Or Sauvion & Fils Muscadet Sèvre et Maine sur Lie

Melon de Bourgogne, also known as Muscadet, is a new grape for this blog. Too bad this wasn't a better wine - I always like trying something new.

--- Peanutman's Review ---

I remembered that last year Robert Noel had recommended this wine in his weekly column. Why, I have no clue. It has a nice little nose, nothing aggressive, but nothing to say wow. It is dry, light and fresh and seems to have a little bit of a lemon lime taste. Nothing to offend you, but also nothing to make you want to buy another bottle. We had it with salmon, not a good idea. The salmon overpowered this wine and made it taste as bland as water. On its own, it is ok, but for the price, I wasn't impressed. If anyone knows if the other wines from Sevre et Maine at NBLC have a little more pizzazz, please let me know as I think it could be good.

Price: $16.99
Score: 80
Value: 2 / 5
Region: France, Loire
Grape: Melon de Bourgogne (Muscadet)
UPC: 3279870608532

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it just as good to know what to avoid as to what to buy... thanks I was thinking of trying this selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try it with oysters instead...much nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanutman's description of the muscadet is bang on in my opinion (my bottle had a little bit of fizz that enhanced the acidity). I gave it 86/100 and 3.5/5 value rating.

    ReplyDelete