Thursday, June 18, 2009

Marrenon Rosé de Syrah 2007

I was asking for more on rosé, and Michelle has obliged.

--- Michelle's Review --

Summer lovin' it happened so fast. Summer lovin', I was having a glass..or two. Oh the joys of finding a nice summer sipper. I find that this time of year, my usual hardy reads are shelved until the chill of late summer or even early fall set in. For me its beer or crisp white wine season OR what has trilled me with this review, rose season!

I have to say that I have steered clear, for many years, of the rosé's. It could not be helped. Every time I looked at a bottle of rose, chilling in the cooler, I was immediately reminded of the teenage years. You know, getting the cheapest stuff we could find to take to the high school dances, then plugging our noses as we drank the concoction that was labeled "wine". Oh you all did it, you know you did.

But I digress. Now in my mature adult years, I am more flexible and open to trying wines outside my comfort zone. For crying out loud, I tried a Viognier a couple weeks ago, taste untried!

This particular time I was actually looking for something refreshing. A summer sipper if you will. I scanned the whites and nothing appealed to me. I then spotted the rosé's and with great trepidation I picked up this one. Bang for the buck! $12.49 and a decent drink. It was excellent. Not overly fruity, clean and crisp. I shall be picking up another bottle very soon.

Price: $12.49
Value: 4/5
UPC: 3256811113713

3 comments:

  1. I admit it, mine was hermits. Never drank wine again for almost 20 years. I have never had a rosé that I liked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have enjoyed Baby Duck once or twice. We're going to try this one - in the yard some hot day, if it ever stops raining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iron Chef amd I split a bottle of the Marrenon rose yesterday. We didn't get too serious about our description by I do remember us saying;

    1. yummy taste
    2. nice and refreshing
    3. we like the screw cap closure

    Unless something better comes along this will be my "go to" rose until NB Liquor stocks out.

    ReplyDelete