Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Laroche L'Avenir Chenin Blanc

We're on a roll with Chenin Blanc - the Fuzion, the KWV, and now this review from Iron Chef:

--- Iron Chef's Review ---

After my first South African Chenin, I had to try another.
Nose: Pear, Kiwi, and Pineapple. Some Creamy notes with vanilla accents. Smells great.
Taste: Very smooth- Again Pear and Kiwi favours. Wet stone and nice vanilla. Somewhat Flabby- lower acidity levels. Very Textured and Creamy mouth-feel.
Overall reminded me of the Pineapple Turnover Cake my Grandmother made. This would be a fun pairing with Curry or Thai food. I like the wine- thought it had lots of character and complex tastes. I was struck with the notion that this would be fun with bubbles- a Sparkling Chenin. A tad expensive.
I think I like Chenins.

Price: $17.79
Score: 88
Value: 2/5
Region: Stellenbosch, South Africa
Alcohol: 12.5%
UPC: 6008922000645

No comments:

Post a Comment