Friday, February 13, 2009

Novecento Malbec 2007

We're having a good run with reasonably priced value wines this week. In keeping with that theme, here's a review from Michelle.

--- Michelle's Review ---

While perusing the selection at ANBL recently, I came across the Value Table at the Dieppe location. Now usually I overlook the value wines, because GASP, they aren’t usually that good. I know, I know. I should be more open minded. But alas on this day, I was. So I picked up a bottle. Much to my surprise, this wine was actually good. Lots of lively fruit with a smooth finish. It’s a very pleasant wine. Nothing offensive or really anything you have to think about while drinking it. Makes you go “hhmmmm, $9.99, eh?” That’s about it. So for a 5/5 value rating and about an 85 on the taste scale for me, I really recommend you pick up a bottle or two or three.

Retail Price: $9.99
Score 85
Value 5/5
Region: Argentina
Grape: Malbec
Tasted: Feb 2009
UPC: 7790717152002

1 comment:

  1. For 10$ and someone said that it was good; had to try it. I agree with Michelle. Lots of blackberry on the nose and in the mouth. Do not expect any hints of oak and if you get even some soft tannins, I'd be surprised. Simply an easy drinking blackberry alcoholic drink.

    ReplyDelete