Saturday, March 14, 2009

Santa Rita Floresta Leyda Sauvignon Blanc 2007

Aaron at the Prospect St ANBL recommended this wine to us. He's one of the product advisors there, which I gather is a relatively new phenomenon at ANBL. He seemed very knowledgeable, and this wine is a winner.

The nose is mostly floral notes, kiwi fruit and maybe melon, minerals, and spices. It is crisp and clean on the palate, with great acidity and length. I find that there's a bit of a hard edge throughout, but then I get that with almost all whites, so I can't complain about it. It reminds us of a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc in style. Our usual "standby" whites are the Kim Crawford and its ilk, and the Floresta is worth the extra $5. We rated both 88, but like this one better.

Price: $26.29
Score: 88
Value: 3/5
Region: Chile
Grape: Sauvignon Blanc
Tasted: March 2009
UPC: 086785470344

1 comment:

  1. I saw in the Opimian society magazine, tidings, which is generally very conservative in scoring, and accurate to my palate, that they gave this exact wine a stunning and rare 92!! "Expressive and elegant, yet complex and pungent...." Serve with Halibut. (which i had with a recent kim crawford SB and found heavanly).

    I hope I can get over to grab one before they are gone.

    ReplyDelete