Sunday, March 1, 2009

Urban Uco Malbec 2005

Here's another review from Peanutman. On the issue of the ANBL website, I've noticed before that the vintage dates are quite unreliable. My guess is that they put the right vintage up when the product gets listed, but the vintage doesn't always get updated when a new vintage comes in.


--- Peanutman's review ---

Urban Uco Malbec 2005 - Argentina's Uco Valley (It states 2004 on the NBLC website, but bottle is an 05)

I had a bottle of this Malbec last year and I thought it was really good. At that time, it wasn't available in NB, but I noticed it at the Wine Festival in Mct and today at the NBLC. It is a deep dark purple. My nose was working today and it had a hint of a flowery bouquet dominated by blackberries. The taste, intense blackberries and a little spicy. Maybe a little bit of a plum taste, but I couldn't really tell. There is a little acidity and some soft tannins. I thought there was just enough oak to give a little bit of the vanilla taste. I have a feeling this bottle might even be better in 6 months to a year. If you like Malbec, I don't think you can go wrong for the price. I would rate it a 4 out of 5 for value and give it an 87 (I'm sort of stuck on that number)

Retail Price: $12.79
Score: 87
Value: 4/5
Region: Argentina, Uco Valley
Grape: Malbec
UPC: 7798098891053

No comments:

Post a Comment