Saturday, January 17, 2009

Carmen Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2005

Welcome to another contirbutor! Here is review from Peanutman that I've lifted from the "Make a Suggestion" thread. And by the way, if you have a review that you wouldn't mind having me post, you can either post it as a comment on the "Make a Suggestion" thread, or you can e-mail it directly to me at nbwines /at/ gmail /dot/ com.

Here is Peanutman's review:

During the holidays, I've tried two bottles of Carmen Reserve Cab Sauv 2005. It is around $20. The bottle states intense bouquet. I agree. I'd go a little further and state wonderful bouquet. Blackberries were evident. My better half indicated coffee and cherry, and we both thought we smelled vanilla (not totally certain) The taste; somewhat complex but evidently cab sauv with oak. Pretty good finish with an intense first minute on the palate. We never got to the second day on either bottle. Value 4.5 out of 5. My score would be an 88 and when I looked it up in Wine Spectator they also had it as an 88. I will be buying at least half a case and leaving it to rest for at least a year. My conclusion is very good for the price.

Price: $19.99
Value: 4.5/5
Score: 88
Region: Chile, Maipo
Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
UPC: 083300097512

No comments:

Post a Comment