Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Chateau Fuissé Pouilly-Fuissé "Les Brulés" 2006

Here is a review from Chris Macdonald taken from the "New Year's Wine" thread:

Our New Year wine was the Chateau Fuissé Pouilly-Fuissé "Les Brulés" 2006. A bit outside our normal snack bracket at $54.29 but the lobster was cheap.

Clear, clean and mildly golden appearance. Reltively intense nose for a Burgundy with a mix of ripe apples, melon and mild cumin? It became more tropical as it opened up. Very tasty and enjoyable. Med-bodied, good fruit/acid balance with a long finish.

Price: $54.29
Score: 88
Value: 3/5
Region: Macon, Burgundy
Grape: Chardonnay
Alcohol: 13.5%
UPC: 3760113386060

3 comments:

  1. Chris

    I'm a little surprised at your score. I tried this at the wine show, and I would have rated it higher than that. Very good complexity. How would you compare it to the Pio Cesare Piodilei?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norman,

    I liked the 2005 vintage of the Les Brulés better. I gave the '05 90pts.

    The Piodilei is one of my favorite wines. I find the Pio more stuctured and oaky than the Les Brulés but less fruit forward. It is also about $10 less per bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try the Piodilei - I know I've tried it somewhere, but I think it was only one taste from the tasting machine at Prospect.

    ReplyDelete