Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Loredona Pinot Noir 2005

Sometimes it seems that all the scores on this blog are pretty high. For the wines that I taste, that's because I don't just plunk down my money at random - sure I like to try different wines, but different and good is a lot better than different and bad. So I usually try to do some kind of research on the wine before I decide to buy, and as a result, most of the wines I buy and blog about are pretty good. But just to prove the good scores mean something, we'll have a couple of ... well, not exactly 'bad' scores, but let's say, not so good scores. I'll start with one from Iron Chef. Stay tuned for my own "not too great" wine pick on Thursday.

Here is Iron Chef's review:

---

I can’t remember a Monterey PN I have had off the top of my head, so it was good to try. The wine was fragrant notes of Raspberry and cranberry cocktail. Unmistakable New World PN. The taste was light and lively with a very appealing Vanilla Core. But beyond that it was very unremarkable and forgettable.

Price: $24.79
Score: 82
Value: 2/5
Region: USA, California
Grape: Pinot Noir
Alcool 13.5%
UPC #0822420323435

1 comment:

  1. In the present condition, it would not be surprising to pay $500 for an American oak barrel or $882 for a French oak barrel (current trade rates). Hungarian oak barrels would cost about $730. italian wine prices comparator.

    ReplyDelete