Friday, January 2, 2009

Palo Alto Reserva Red 2007

The "Make a Suggestion" thread has been very active, so I thought I'd depart from the usual every other day posting schedule in order to catch up on posting some of those reviews. Here's one from Iron Chef, who put this wine on his "Top 10" list:

--- Iron Chef's Review ---

Since the 2007s were on the shelf, I had to get it a try. The Cab/Syrah/ Carmenere blend is an annual All-Value nomination for me and the 2007 is again very good. The nose was dominated by Cracked White Pepper, some Vegetable notes – Red Peppers maybe and Black currants. The Eucalyptus was followed quickly by a nice warm vanilla wood smells to round out the aromas. The Palate was Black fruits mixed with tobacco and heady alcohol. The palate was a touch thinner than I remember but the white pepper was stronger than I had recalled maybe to even it all out. A really enjoyable wine. I can’t think of a better value at ANBL at this time.

Price: $13.49
Score: 85
Value: 5/5
Region: Chile, Maule Valley
Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenère, Syrah
Tasted: Dec 2008
UPC: 7804320214085

No comments:

Post a Comment