Sunday, October 12, 2008

Finca Flichman Dedicado 2004

The Dedicado, the flagship wine from Finca Flichman, is 60% Malbec, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Syrah.

Kelly and I saw eye to eye on this wine. It has excellent balance and structure with smooth ripe tannins. Some floral notes, with dark fruit, though it's not fruit driven - more of an old world style. The flavours on the palate are distinct and clean, and a clear chocolate note is dominant. Despite the Cab content, it has none of the harshness that I often associate with Cab.

The only negative about the wine is that there isn't a lot of complexity, which is why we didn't score it higher. But I have to say, every time I drank a mouthful, I gave a little "hmmm" of pleasure. No one can resist chocolate. Yummy.

Julia Harding (with Jancis Robinson) gives it a 16.5/20

Price: $38.29
Value: 3/5
Score: 88
Alcohol: 14.5%
Tasted: Oct 2008
ANBL UPC: 7790470080574

1 comment:

  1. I generally like(d) this wine and think is does a few things right. However it used to be $36 a year ago and I swear it had more fruit up front. I like fruit and it was one of the reasons I kept drinking it. However when I had it last week it was hard to discern much fruit at all. Perhaps the fruit is tailing off as it ages? Either way, diminishing fruit and increasing price don't make for a great combination for me!

    ReplyDelete